There are many ways to freshen up a home. The easiest way to capture the spirit of spring is to buy and arrange flowers. With cut flowers and a little imagination, the possibilities can be beautiful.
There are many ways to freshen up a home.
You can always paint walls a fresh lichen green or spray hyacinth-scented room freshener, but the easiest way to capture the spirit of spring is to buy and arrange flowers. With cut flowers and a little imagination, the possibilities can be beautiful.
• Place a small bouquet in a glistening crystal pitcher or go for contrast with a brightly colored coffee can to make a great first impression in an entrance hall or foyer.
• Fill an umbrella stand with a few long dramatic stems.
• Attach a basket of fresh flowers to your door or hang just a few stems with a beautiful bow.
• In the family room, fill an empty fireplace with a big bucket of flowers.
• In the bathroom, a simple plastic tumbler filled with fragrant cut flowers can make a great air freshener.
• In the laundry room, rinse out an old bleach or detergent bottle, fill it with cut flowers and place it on the washer or a shelf for a laundry brightener.
• Use a kitchen windowsill to line up individual jars, coffee mugs or juice glasses and put one or two colorful stems in each. It's a one-of-a-kind window treatment.
Flowers are not just for special occasions anymore. They decorate a lot more than just the center of the dining room table.
Think "outside the vase" when looking for containers to arrange flowers in. Old watering cans, enamelware pitchers, cast-iron kettles, antique coal hods, champagne glasses, mason jars and teapots add interest to floral arrangements.
When entertaining, fill a wine cooler with fresh white lilies and freesia for understated elegance.
Start the day with flowers. Place a bouquet by your bedside so they're the first thing you see.
Freshen your bathroom with this innovative display of flower buds.
Revive a veranda with a bouquet of blooms set on an inlaid table.
In a hall, place three single stems of the same flower in three symmetrical identical glass vases.
There's nothing like the splash of color provided by fresh flowers to brighten time at your desk.